FAQ - Divorce Kits

Paralegal Services
FAQ - Divorce Kits
Call (734) 425-1074 or Click Here

Is the price listed on this website the TOTAL price?

Our price covers everything except the initial Court Filing Fee for Divorce, which we may be able to get waived if you are on Social Security Disability, meet Federal guidelines for low-income households, or are receiving FIA benefits.

All other filing fees for other paperwork and motions (all of which we file for you) are included in our price.

For all the divorce packages that are listed?


So you're not going to send me a bunch of paperwork all at one time for me to try and figure out which form I'm suppose to be filling and when I'm suppose to file it?

No. We walk you through EACH step, and we take each step ONE step at a time. We also track HOW it should be filed, WHAT should be filed, WHEN it should be filed and WHERE it should be filed.

I've heard of other divorce kits that are offered on the net, and people say they are confusing. Am I going to be confused and end up needing help to fill the paperwork out?

That's what we're here for! We help you EVERY step of the way.

How long will the process take for my divorce to be final?

A divorce without minor children will take 60-90 days. A divorce with minor children will take 2 -6 months.

We send you the forms, either by email or US Postal Service. After you sign the form, you will mail them back to us and we will file them with the appropriate court.

What if my spouse lives in another state?

No problem. Michigan's "long-arm" statute gives effect to service of the divorce papers even when served out of state. The out of state spouse is simply given a bit more time, an additional week, to respond to the Summons and Complaint.

Does it matter if my Spouse and I got married in a different state?

No, you can still get a divorce in Michigan.

My spouse and I have property. We have decided who is going to keep what, including the house. I read on your website that you only help with Non-Contested divorces. Can we still use the divorce kit?

Yes. "Non-Contested" means "mutual agreement", you are not arguing over the division of property. If you and your spouse own a home together, and you are in mutual agreement on what should be done with the home, whether one person keeps the home or the home is going up for sale and the proceeds split, that qualifies as a "Non-Contested".

We have minor children together. If I use this divorce package, do I still have to go through the Friend of the Court?

You can have a direct agreement between you and your spouse as to how you want to raise your children. As long as the custodian parent is not receiving government assistance (FIA benefits), you do not have to use the friend of the court to manage the child support.

Do you have attorneys in your office?

No. We are document preparers, we are NOT attorneys.

Will anyone from your office be going to court with me?

No, we are not attorneys.

How long have you been in business?

We have been in business since 1992, with a 100% success rate.

DISCLAIMER: This site and any information contained herein is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.

© 2010 CS&R, Inc.   Sitemap